JFK in Tampa Bay - November 1963
- 141 photos
- Monday, November 18, 1963 was a historic day for the Tampa Bay area, which was suddenly thrust into the national spotlight as tens of thousands got the chance to see the 35th President of the United States, John F. Kennedy, in Tampa. It was a day few will forget.
Nov. 18th was Kennedy's last official visit to a city... four days before Dallas.
Some of the images in this gallery can be seen in a new film -- JFK in Tampa: The 50th Anniversary -- a documentary celebrating JFK's visit to the Bay area, preserving the history and special memories of that day... as told by those who were there. http://jfkintampa.org/
- Album ID: 1718477
- 84 photos
- The Million Dollar Pier, Inverted Pier
- Album ID: 1664254
- Photos by [Tampa Bay Times Archive]
Williams Park through the years
- 84 photos
- A selection of Times photos of Williams Park from the early 1900s through the mid-1980s.
(Images were scanned from our historical collection of over 1 million photographic prints, primarily covering a period from the 1930s to the 1980s. Any markings on the image are reflective of the original print from which it was scanned.)
- Album ID: 1614102
- 9 photos
- Florida ranks fourth in the nation for the number of species classified as endangered, including some of the state's most iconic creatures. But the efforts to manage the animals' population have often turned these mammals, birds, fish and reptiles into political animals.
- Album ID: 1719088
- Photos by John Pendygraft
Historical Front Pages
- 62 photos
- Album ID: 1325807
- Photos by Times Archives